[R-sig-ME] glmmTMB
Maira Fatoretto
2018-10-29 07:25:33 UTC
Hello,

I am using glmmTMb with binomial family. I chose REML=TRUE because I have
three random effects and I would like to know which is the restriction used
in this estimation in the package.
The REML = TRUE have better estimation than ML in my case.

Thank you.
Best regards.
--
*Maíra Blumer Fatoretto*
Estatística - Universidade Estadual de Campinas- UNICAMP

[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
Ben Bolker
2018-10-29 12:48:05 UTC
glmmTMB implements REML by treating the fixed effect parameters as
'random variables', i.e. turning on the Laplace approximation
machinery; see http://bbolker.github.io/mixedmodels-misc/glmmFAQ.html#reml-for-glmms
for starting points in the literature.

https://github.com/glmmTMB/glmmTMB/blob/master/glmmTMB/R/glmmTMB.R#L191